Wednesday, November 11, 2015

ACME sign going up in Boothwyn!


Photos courtesy of Mr. Ruffles

Location: 643 Conchester Hwy, Boothwyn, PA


Mr. Ruffles was able to get some shots of the sign going up on the former Pathmark in Boothwyn. I've looked this place up, I'm pretty surprised Acme bought the store. It is located in a shopping center that has a Walmart and it's not far from the Glen Mills Acme and the new Wegmans in Concordville.


I imagine they will paint  this section once the patch work dries. I've noticed that the scars are often painted over after ACME goes up.



Super Fresh/ Pathmark - Boothwyn, PA
This location was  previously a Pathmark Sav-a-center. A&P switched the store over from SuperFresh back in 2008.

7 comments:

  1. I think the stores down in Delaware will also be changed over in the next couple of days judging by the circular end-dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fourth logo to appear on this storefront!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Walmart in Boothwyn's a smaller former Caldor, so they probably know there's not much chance of them expanding to a Supercenter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Foulk & Naamans Acme in North Wilmington (which itself is less than 2 miles from the new Branmar Plaza Acme opening tomorrow) is also just as close.

    Boothwyn is likely targeted to the communities to the east where there's only a couple of Giant-PA stores in Aston and Brookhaven and the former Brookhaven Pathmark (which Wakefern bought to supposedly open under the Fresh Grocer banner).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drove by there on Tuesday evening, and the Pathmark sign was still lit up. It's something special to see it lit up for the last time. I was planning on doing a little SuperFresh/Pathmark tour this weekend, mainly to stock up on some America's Choice products, but it seems I just barely missed this one!
    By the way, comments are acting weird. It will start a series of page refreshes if you try to use openID.
    -@

    ReplyDelete
  6. FWIW, the store was VERY crowded when I was there yesterday (Monday). Was kind of surprised actually

    (and I have photos that I'll be sending in)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The store has since been remodeled with Quality Built decor. Not sure when as I hadn't been there in quite some time.

    ReplyDelete