Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mystery Acme!


(Source of image unknown)


I pulled this image off the web years ago and I'm not sure where I got it from. Had to post it here at Acme Style since it's such a unique Acme. If it's yours I would gladly credit you for the photo or remove it if you wish for me not to use it.

I assume this Acme was built towards the end of the pitched-roof era since it's about 3/4 pitched and 1/4 flat roofed. I have seen one other former Acme that was built this way and will post pictures in an upcoming entry. This store however is the first I have seen that doesn't have windows extending all the way to the top and has the sign built into the front of the store. It's definitely an interesting look. Maybe someone knows where this store was located and if it's still standing today.

UPDATE 5.27.09: Mystery solved! Thanks to an email sent to Acme Style. This store was located in Silver Creek, New York. Took me less than a minute to find it on Live Maps. The building is still standing although it's been significantly altered since it's Acme days...

1 comment:

  1. This acme was probably an Early Pitched-roof. Tower City had a similar design as it was built in 1962

    ReplyDelete