Friday, July 28, 2017

Here we go again >>>

NEW LOWER PRICES!!!





These new shelf tags began appearing about two weeks ago indicating that Acme was on the verge of another "low price" campaign. They were, and the campaign officially launches today! Funny thing though, I took a quick stroll through my local Acme yesterday and couldn't find one of these tags anywhere. Not sure why they seemed to have disappeared. Perhaps the big push for the tags was happening this morning just before the new circular went into effect. I haven't been able to judge for myself the legitimacy of the new lower prices. Not a single item I buy regularly have had one of these tags. I'll be sure to stop in an Acme today to see if I have better luck!

THIS WEEK'S CIRCULAR  >>>



This is the front page of the outer wrap for this week's circular. Let's hope this Acme sticks with this longer than they did with the last round of "new lower prices" that began back in late 2015. If you blinked, you missed it and then prices shot through the roof as 2016 wore on. 

THE OFFICIAL COVER >>>






CUSTOMIZED ADS >>>



The Weehawken store has been getting its very own ad for the past month. I'm sure this same ad is being used at other stores located in ethnically diverse areas but it's nice seeing the store's address printed on both sides of the ad giving it a very customized feel. I wonder if this new approach may have been started to prevent another crash and burn situation like the recent closing of the Newark, New Jersey store. Like Newark, Weehawken's variety of ethnic products have taken a big hit since the Pathmark days. I'll be covering the reset of the store in an upcoming post. 



SIDE NOTE:

Did any catch Acme's INSANE ice cream sale two weeks ago? All pint-sized ice cream was on sale for $2.88 each, all week long! I can't remember the last time I saw Haagen Dazs or Ben and Jerry's priced that low at Acme or anywhere else for that matter. The sale included every single brand including Talentie Gelato and the high-priced, new protein rich ice creams like Halo and Enlightened. Then to make it even crazier, Acme kept Ben and Jerry's, and Talenti on sale for $2.88 for a full second week! Unbelievable.

THIS JUST IN >>>

Supermarket News has an article covering
Acme's new low price campaign!
Check it out by clicking here.  



Some highlights from the Jon Springer penned article...

"The campaign, which will mark the reduced items with tags in store, is among the first visible changes since Jim Perkins returned to his previous role as president of the Malverne, Pa.-based brand. As previously reported, Perkins, Albertsons’ EVP of special projects replaced Dan Croce as Acme’s president last month in a move an Albertsons spokeswoman said would assist former A&P stores and employees transition to Acme’s system."

"Sources have said that some of the 70-plus A&P stores acquired by Acme in late 2015 have not performed to expectations."

6 comments:

  1. ShopRite has been running the $2.88 ice cream sale on and off for the past few months, and has included Ben & Jerry's, Haagen Dazs, Talenti, Enlightened, and Halo Top. I'm not surprised ACME has tried it also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Newark close already? I didn't see a counter update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No store count updates yet. I just returned to the blog yesterday.

      Delete
  3. The prices don't seem all that great. I'll pop into my local King of Prussia ACME this weekend to look around, but I suspect I'll make most of my grocery purchases down the street at Wegmans/Giant.

    What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time they pull this gimmick of temporarily lowered prices, there are gonna be fewer and fewer people who will take the bait. In fact, I doubt anyone who left Acme buys it this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only that but ShopRite is always kicking out $1 off 2 coupons at the register for Haagen Dazs and, to a lesser extent, Ben & Jerrys.

    ReplyDelete