SO WHERE ARE THEY?
Yesterday afternoon I hit an Acme to check out all the "New Lower Prices"! Ummmm... couldn't find hardly one. Walked up and down every aisle, scanning all of the shelves. I was moving quickly so my results are not exactly fool-proof however, the tags really stand out so they're hard to miss. Here's what I personally found around the store:
- Coffee: NONE
- Tea: One brand. Never heard of it.
- Cereal: Golden Grahams! And a few Acme brand items.
- Cookies: NONE
- Crackers: A few Acme brand items.
- Salad Dressing: NONE
- Peanut Butter and Jelly: A few Acme's Open Nature only.
- Granola Bars: One. Acme's Signature Brand item.
- Bottled Juice: NONE
- Pasta: NONE
- Spagetti Sauce: NONE except for Rao's which is still at the same "new low price"/yet higher than everyone else, since the 2015 campaign.
- Tunafish: NONE
- Canned Vegtables: One. Del Monte canned Zucchini. Get 'em which they last!
- Pet aisle: TONS! Oh wait. Just on Acme's Priority Pet products.
- Paper Plates & Cups: NONE
- Laundry: One. Acme's Bright Green Laundry Detergent.
- Garbage Bags: NONE
- Food Storgae Bags: NONE
- Foil and Plastic Wrap: NONE
- Candy: One.
- Entire Baking Aisle: Acme's Signature Kitchen oils only.
- Frozen Pizza: NONE
- Frozen Vegtabeles: NONE
- Frozen Dinners: A good 10 to 15 items! Wow!!
- Frozen Breakfast: Eggo brand only.
- Frozen Desserts: NONE
- Ice Cream and Novelties: NONE
- Packaged Deli: NONE
- Packaged Cured Meats: NONE
- Yogurt: NONE
- Orange Juice: One. Acme's Signature Brand single serve bottle.
- Dairy: Handful of Lucerne Brands. No national brands.
- Baby: A few on Acme's own Mom to Mom brand.
- Health and Beauty: NONE, ZERO, ZILCH
Again, this list is from my own personal observation as a regular and loyal Acme shopper. And it's not to say that I didn't see tons of sales tags up and down every aisle. But "New Low Prices" were tough, if not impossible, to find especially on national brands. Very disappointing since Acme's last two rounds of lower prices got off to decent starts. I found only one item that I buy regularly to have a "New Low Price". Problem was... the price wasn't "new". It was the regular price Acme was charging for months before the insane wave of price increases that hit at the end of 2016.
Things are looking much better for week #2!
Wow, what a difference a week makes. Now the "New Low Price" signs are up and down every aisle. Spotted tons of them in Health & Beauty after I wasn't able to find one during the first week. Strange how Acme launched the promotion before there were so few new low prices for shoppers to find.